When I look back on this year, I want to remember it as a year that I did things. I want to remember it as a year that I took risks and set goals and embraced as much as I could. So…here’s what I’m aiming to do:
1. Say yes when I’d rather say no. When I’m invited to do something or go somewhere, especially if it’s new and different, say yes.
2. Walk. 15 miles a week. At least.
3. Set a personal record in a 5K.
4. Write. Spend at least 15 minutes a day writing. And, publish three blog posts a week.
5. Learn to knit and knit a scarf.
6. Take advantage of all the theaters nearby. See an opera at the Lyric, see the Joffrey ballet perform, go to a concert in Millennium Park.
7. Attend a lecture at the Art Institute. Don’t miss any of the special exhibits this year. Even the weird ones. (Like Magritte)
8. Go see Wait Wait Don’t Tell Me taped. (They record it six blocks from where I live! SIX BLOCKS!)
9. Read. Turn off the tv and read.
10. See the Badlands before I go back east.
11. Swim in Lake Michigan.
12. Visit the Hull House.